Legacy Real Estate Sales & Management is committed to protecting your privacy.
products, and services and (ii) business interactions in person or by phone, email, or mail.
or by mail addressed Legacy Real Estate Sales & Mgmt, P. O. Box 782, San Marcos, 78667. From time to time, we
What is personal information?
Personal information means any information relating to an identifiable individual. Personal information also
includes sensitive personal information such as a first name or initial and last name in combination with any of
• Birth date;
• Social security number or other government issued identification number;
• Telecommunication access devices as defined by Section 32.51, Penal Code, including debit or credit card
• Financial institution account number, routing code, or any other financial information; or
• Account number or credit or debit card number in combination with any required security code, access code,
or password that would permit access to an individual’s financial account.
How is personal information collected or obtained?
We may collect your personal information if you:
• Speak with our staff at meetings or events
• Fill out applications
• Contact us for customer service or for other business purposes
• Social Media
• Emails sent to the office or agent
• Responding advertisement, signs, etc
In all of these instances, you will know what data is collected, because you will submit it.
When you visit our Services, our servers also collect information from or about the computer, phone or other device
on which you access our Services, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the
Internet; browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and
platform; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Services, including date
and time; cookie number; Services you viewed; your searches on our Services; and the phone number you used to
call us if you call us. During some visits, we may use software tools to measure and collect session information,
including page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information
(such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page. Unless you also
actively submit personal information to us, any information that is collected this way typically does not allow us to
identify you personally.
technologies to collect the information described above. A cookie is information saved by your web browser. When
you visit a website, the site may place a cookie on your web browser so it can recognize your device in the future. If
you return to that site later on, it can read that cookie to remember you from your last visit and keep track of you
How and when is the personal information used?
We use personal information that we collect about you to:
• Respond to your inquiries
• Provide requested services and information
• Perform inquiries regarding criminal, credit, rental and income history
• Inform you of current issues affecting your rental status
• Notify you of issues regarding properties
• Process your payments
• Complete orders for maintenance
• Discharge our contractual obligations to you
• Comply with any legal obligations that apply to us
How is personal information protected?
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access,
disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Paper records containing sensitive personal information are protected under lock and key. Electronic records
containing sensitive personal information are protected under an access name and password assigned to our
Who has access to the personal information?
your personal information. In some situations, we may share your personal information with others as outlined
• We may employ companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as to send email,
analyze data, provide marketing assistance, tailor communications, process credit or debit card payments, and
provide customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may
not use it for other purposes.
• We may share your personal information with landlords or other brokers in the event of a real estate
• We may provide personal information to law enforcement if they request.
• We disclose personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law or to cooperate
with law enforcement; to comply with or enforce our agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of you
or other residents.
Other than as set out above, we will obtain your consent as required by law before disclosing your personal
information to a third party.
What is the method of disposal of personal information?
Personal information will be retained and disposed of in accordance with our record retention policy, our
agreements, and/or applicable law. Typically, this means we retain your personal information for the period
necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer period is required or permitted by law.
We use reasonable measures to dispose of personal information.
Sensitive personal information is usually disposed of by shredding documents, erasing electronic files by means
that make the files unreadable or undecipherable, or by eradicating the information from documents or electronic
files in ways that make the personal information unreadable. To further ensure that documentation containing
sensitive personal information is adequately destroyed, we have a shredder to dispose of paper containing
How Can You Access, Change, or Delete Personal Information, and Exercise Other Rights?
If you need to change any personal information please do so at email@example.com.
Note that we may need to retain certain information as required or authorized by law.
This following applies to individuals protected by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation
(“GDPR”) who access our Services or otherwise provide us with personal information. The Legacy Real Estate
Sales & Mgmt is the controller of the personal information you provide to us and such information is housed in the
Legacy Real Estate Sales & Mgmt office and on servers in the United States.
What Are Our Legal Bases for Processing Personal Information?
We process your personal information on several different legal bases, as follows:
• Consent: If we are required to obtain your consent to process your personal information, we may perform
such processing on the basis of your consent. In such cases, you may withdraw your consent at any time without
affecting the lawfulness of prior processing. Providing your consent is voluntary, but we may not be able to provide
you with a service for which we require your consent until we obtain it.
• Contract Performance: We may process your personal information as necessary to comply with or perform
our contractual obligations or to take steps requested by a contracting party prior to entering into a contract.
• Legal Obligations: We may process your personal information as necessary to comply with relevant laws,
regulatory requirements, and to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal process.
• Legitimate Interests: We may process your personal information as necessary to pursue our legitimate
interests. In these cases, we will ensure that your interests do not override our legitimate interests.
What Data Subject Rights Do You Have?
Under the GDPR, you may have the following rights:
• The right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed, and, where
that is the case, to request access to the personal data.
• The right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to ask us to erase your personal data.
• The right to request restriction of processing of your personal data.
• The right to obtain your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable form which you
have provided to us, and to reuse it for your own purposes across different services.
• The right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or direct marketing.
• Updated 1/8/2020
To exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org